Stay connected with your team across time zones, locations, and roles. Instantly document and save meeting notes, whiteboard and iterate ideas in real-time.
Here's How To:
Before getting started:
- Make sure you have a Zoom account handy with their most up-to-date release. Click here to download Zoom.
- Make sure you have created an Allo account, click here to sign up if you haven't already.
With those two points taken care of, let's get started.
Here’s how to install the Allo app for Zoom.
- When ready to install the Allo app for Zoom, you will see a Zoom project folder located in your home dashboard inside of Allo, click on the Zoom project to begin.
2. On the next screen, click “Connect Allo & Zoom”
3. Then, authorize our permissions to continue, each permission has its own functionality and reason.
4. Launch Zoom
5. Now Allo will always be ready right when you need it. If you are in a meeting, you will see Allo in your app sidebar. If you are not in a meeting you will see Allo in your app section. Each time you create a canvas, your work will be automatically stored and organized for you in the Zoom project, associated with the date and time created.
Usage Instructions: (How to use Allo)
- Inside Zoom’s desktop client, click on the Allo Icon under the apps section. This will open the Allo app with all major functions available to you.
- Navigate projects by using the left sidebar and the “+”, create a new project, button.
- Once inside the project, click on a canvas card to open a canvas or click on the “+”, add a canvas, button to create mind maps, meeting notes, or flow charts, there are no limits to what you can create!
- When creating a native Zoom meeting, a Canvas will automatically be created for you and be placed in the Zoom project.
- Start a Zoom meeting from within a canvas by clicking on the Zoom icon, in the bottom right corner of a canvas inside the Zoom project.
- To leverage a shared canvas during a meeting, click on the "Apps" button to open the app's sidebar, then click the Allo icon. At this point, you will have the option to create a new blank canvas or start from one of our professionally designed templates.
- Once the Canvas is created, you are able to view the canvas in the sidebar, to get to where the magic happens, click “Expand” to expand the canvas horizontally, or "Pop Out" under the "More" button to create a separate window. This will display the canvas editing tools.
- Once the canvas is expanded, use the left vertical toolbar to drag and drop sticky notes and shapes onto the canvas. Use the selector tool to adjust the object's shape, size, and positioning, double click to edit text.
- Canvases will be stored inside of the Zoom project on Allo's cloud automatically so users do not have to worry about losing their meeting notes.
Native Zoom In-Meeting Sharing:
- In-meeting, share your screen by clicking on the green "Share" button in the upper left corner. This will broadcast the application window for other colleagues to see.
- Share the app by clicking on the blue "Send" button. Here you have the option to send the app to all participants. This will send a message to your colleagues' Zoom chat, where they can click the button to enter the canvas. Colleagues not already signed in to the Allo app for Zoom will have to connect their accounts following the installation instructions above.
With Allo, anyone can participate in real-time, so your colleagues can add to the shared canvas when appropriate, this is great for getting ideas in front of the team without interrupting a speaker.
Native Allo Sharing:
- In-meeting, click on the "Share" button located in the upper right corner of the canvas to be shared. There are three ways to share the canvas.
- First, share the canvas directly to all meeting participants by clicking the "Share to all participants". All the participants will be granted editing permission.
- Second, enable the canvas share link by clicking the toggle, adjust user permissions by selecting the appropriate option (Can View, Can Edit, Can Comment). Once the link is created, send to collaborators through any messaging system.
- Third, input collaborators’ email addresses in the bottom share with collaborators prompt, then select permission level, then click send, this will send an email notification to their inbox.
Here’s how to uninstall the Allo app for Zoom. If there is anything we can do to improve the application, please let us know.
- Navigate to the admin console inside of Allo by clicking on the settings gear icon, next to the workspace name.
- In the integrations section, click on the toggle button to the right of the Zoom icon. You will be redirected to the Zoom marketplace. Note: You must be signed into the connected Zoom account to see Allo under the Installed apps
- Click the "uninstall" button in the Allo row.
- Choose an uninstall reason, or provide us with your personal insight by clicking on others, then sharing with us your feedback.
- Click Uninstall.
I am not seeing the "Apps" icon in my meeting, how can I get access to the app?
- Please attempt to download the latest version of the Zoom app here: https://zoom.us/download, after downloading, the "Apps" icon should appear in-meeting.
How many collaborators can be on a single canvas?
- There is no limit to the number of collaborators on a single canvas.
Can I share my Zoom project in Allo with others?
- Inside the project, you can click the “+” icon towards the top and share with selected people. Or you can make the project public to all the workspace members by clicking “Settings” under the “More options” menu next to the project name.
The upgrade app dialogue is reappearing when trying to start Allo in-meeting?
- There may be an issue with the Zoom version you are currently using. Please attempt to download the latest version of the Zoom app here. Then kindly confirm if the Allo app for Zoom is installed here.
Reach out to the ALLO team with any questions, through our support page. Or, in-app through the question mark button. We are happy to help and available through email and in-app chat.
Hours of Operation PST:
- Monday: 9am-9pm
- Tuesday: 9am-9pm
- Wednesday: 9am-9pm
- Thursday: 9am-9pm
- Friday: 9am-9pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: 9am-9pm
Support inquiries will be answered within one business day excluding holidays.